Search Function

**NEVERMIND! I missed the poll regarding reposts! Would it be possible to have a search function so we could search for the links to freebies BEFORE we post them? It would minimize reposting! It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice!

bar, budget, choose, coupons, deals, double, food samples, free stuff, freebies, hat, hot deals, options, photo, posts, question, questions, stuff, title, topic, word, search, function, minimize, post, reposting, huge, deal, nice, poll, missed, reposts, links

Thread: Search Function

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Search Function

**NEVERMIND! I missed the poll regarding reposts!

Would it be possible to have a search function so we could search for the links to freebies BEFORE we post them?

It would minimize reposting! It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice!
    Last edited by che11eness; 11-20-2008 at 04:52 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to che11eness For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a place on the selected forum where you can search a post. Have you found that yet?
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

i found it, thank you!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to che11eness For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info Searching Functions

Good Morning!

Chell, on your question, there are currently several ways to search the forums.

1. You can Search the Entire Site (forums)

Just click on the the word "Search in the Double Navigation Bar. See photo below: (click on the attachment to see it enlarged!)

Name:  search.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  104.0 KB

2. You can Search a particular forum. For example, if you were in the main freebies forum ( Budget101.com Forums > Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals > Freebies ) You would click on Search Forum

Name:  searchforum.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  105.3 KB

3. You can also search within a particular thread. So, if you find a thread with 20 or so replies and you are looking for something that you previously saw or a particular keyword that answers your question etc. This is helpful for threads that have gotten off topic.

Name:  searchthread.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  107.3 KB

4. Direct Search Option: If none of those options seems to be working well for you, you can also go directly to the search page

http://www.budget101.com/search.php

And search individual forums, search by # of replies, Keyword, posts, threads, user, various dates, subforums, Thread or post tags, etc.

5. Blog Search Option - oh, and before I forget, the blogs also have their own Search option as well.

http://www.budget101.com/blog_search.php

You can search by Blog Title, Contents, You can choose to ignore comments or blogs posted by certain users, etc.

Hon, if you have any other questions, give me a holler, and I'll try to help.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post: