I need advice form other parents, please.

ok, This might get a little confusing, so bare with it please. I have a little girl, who will be 10 months old in Dec. I have a coupon for a "sit and Spin" which I was thinking about getting her for Christmas. http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/playskool-sit-n-spin.jpg Now,

age, bought, bowls, busy, care, cups, don, est, hat, latest, make, measuring, mon, months, plastic, racket, saving, things, toys, wrong, christmas, thinking, years, coupon, spin, long, birthday, parents, enjoy, 30th, moneys, hard, blow, spend, time, form, advice, play, good, turns, friend, http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/playskool-sit-n-spin.jpg, growing, confusing, bare, girl, grow, fast

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I need advice form other parents, please.

ok, This might get a little confusing, so bare with it please.

I have a little girl, who will be 10 months old in Dec.

I have a coupon for a "sit and Spin" which I was thinking about getting her for Christmas.

Now, I know she will not be able to use it now, however she turns 1 two months after Christmas and I have a friend who has a 2 almost 3 years old who I know can use a sit and spin. So I'm thinking before next Christmas she will be able to play with it and for a good while after that.

I dont want to get her something that she will out grow fast, that's why I'm thinking about getting her the S&S because its more of her 'growing in to it' and can last years.

but at the same time..... should I just get her something she will enjoy now vs later on, even if it doesn't last as long? Because I can always get her a S&S for her birthday or another Christmas....

I have the coupon for the S&S that goes bad on the 30th of nov '08..... it would make it 16$

I dont know if I should do that or spend the 16$ on something else.

What would you do?
    help please, moneys hard to come by..... and I dont want to blow it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ab2401 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

S&S can be enjoyed now AND later. Great toy. My kids both love theirs, and they each got one at a year old.
    Michelle

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DohDohBird For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

One is a great age for a sit & spin. My kids had one and I babysat for a one year old over the summer and he loved it. Even though he couldn't spin it himself yet, he just loved sitting on it and trying.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atta76 For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

i would get it i got one for my son for his 1st christmas and he didnt turn one til april after it so i think you should

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks, you guys are really helping out.... I just didn't want to make the wrong move.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ab2401 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do go ahead and get it great value for that price and it will last several years. She might not play with it quite right to start but will have a lot of fun with it!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

At that age you cant really go wrong picking things up and saving them for later. At 10-12 months old she isn't going to care whether you bought her the latest toys. If you want something that'll keep her busy, give her your measuring cups and a few plastic bowls. You might want to donne some earplugs <g>, she'll make a racket.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

when they will be able to play on it depends on a lot. The size of your child and how strong she is. I go one for my little girl last year she was 2 at the time. She plays on it from time to time even now, but since she is bigger than most 3 year olds if she dont sit on it just right it doesnt turn well. I know this doesnt tell you whether to buy it or not but thought it may help some.
    Mdowdy

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast