NW Missouri
    Blog Entries

Smile Yam, Sweet Potato or any winter squash Puree

I got this recipe from chef Madeleine Kamman. It's a great recipe that we make very often.

Pureed Sweet Potatoes or winter Squash

Serves 6

6 large sweet potatoes or 2 large winter squash such as butternut or acorn
    1/4 cup heavy cream, scalded
    2 pr 3 Tablespoon dry sherry or to your personal taste
    3 to 8 tablespoons butter or to your taste
    Scalded milk as needed

Bake the sweet Potatoes or winter squash in a preheated 375 to 400 degree oven until tender about 1 hour to 1 hr, 15 minutes. Place cream in a food processor or blender with the sherry and butter. Scoop out the meat of the vegetables and add to food processor or blender. Process together until mixture is smooth. Season with Salt and pepper. If too stiff add in a few tablespoons hot milk as needed. If to soft reduce over a gentle heat until thickened.

I make it early in the day and leave it in a crockpot on the keep warm setting. My family much prefers this to candied yams and we grow so many winter squash so we use this a lot during the winter months. You can also use canned yams for this recipe. I use my own canned squash and then leave on low in the crockpot to warm it up.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post: