Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Has anyone read the twilight series books

Has anyone read the twilight series books? My 14 year old has asked for these for Christmas and I know nothing about them. Are they presentable for a 14 year old? thanks
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have read the first one, and my 25 and 19 year old daughters have read them all, they are also going to the movie. The books are sorta like a updated version (sorta) of the lost boys of the 80's with a girl (non vampire) falling in love with a vampire. You should get the book from the library and read the first one. I can asure you that you will not want to put it down, its real good!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've read them all, and my niece who is 15 also read them, and liked it. It's about a vampire who falls in love with a human girl. The best part is that they are not like the usual vampires, which are frightening. these vampires are "vegetarian". It's more about their love, and the "not touching" experience (he's afraid of touching her, and kissing her, because he can kill her very easily). Basically it's a love story. I couldn't stop reading them.

And i'm going to the cinema

Hope this helps.

Pat, in Portugal

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patycapereira For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am reading it too right now. Everyone at work hasn't been able to stop talking about it so I finally decided to pick it up and I am so grateful that I did. It is a VERY good read and a beautiful love story like they said about a girl falling in love with a classmate who happens to be a vampire. It's mostly about their love for each other and how they shouldn't be together but are anyways.

My aunt had told me that my 13 year old cousin read it when she wasn't allowed to, but after I have been reading it - I don't see the big deal at all. There is really no violence and no sexual activities going on (atleast as far as I've gotten, I'm almost done) but my co-workers told me that the author is Morman, so even up to the very last book nothing really happens that isn't appropriate for young adults to read it. I would have loved to have read this book as a teen!

Edit to add: I finished the first one! And like I said, just a romance story with nothing more than kissing. It gets a little violent at the end with some blood but not too bad, especially not for a 14 year old.
    Last edited by starsinnight; 11-14-2008 at 08:45 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys Ive heard they were pretty good, so I went ahead and ordered her the first one, i can read it when it gets here and if I dont approve I can always keep it for myself LOL
    Mdowdy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

I havent but everyone has them on there wish lists...they must be good.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post: