Beaded Snowflake Ornament
What You Need:
For each snowflake:
10 corsage pins with pearl ends (available in fabric and craft stores)
Crystal-like beads in desired shapes and sizes
1 small cork
Iridescent white glitter paint pen (usually used for fabric, available in craft and discount stores)
1. Add beads to 4 pins. Place beads on 1 corsage pin in desired order, leaving the last 1/4 inch without beads. Make 3 more beaded pins using the same arrangement.
2. Make another set of 4 beaded pins, using a different arrangement. Make an additional set of 2 beaded pins. (You should have a total of 10 beaded pins.)
3. Add 4 matching pins to cork. Cut the cork, if necessary, so it is about 1/4 inch long. With the round side of the cork laying on the work surface, poke one beaded pin into the cork (close to work surface) like a spoke of a wheel. Place a matching beaded pin opposite the first. Place the remaining two opposite each other, between the first set.
4. Add remaining pins. Using the remaining set of 4 matching pins, poke each into the cork, slightly closer to the top of the cork and alternating with the first set of four. Place the remaining 2 beaded pins into each round end of the cork.
5. Cover the cork using glitter paint pen. Allow to dry. Apply a second coat, if necessary, and let dry.
6. To hang, cut a desired length of monofilament and tie to one spoke of the snowflake.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:
Tags for this Thread