Thread: Sugar cookies

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Sugar cookies

This is a recipe that has never failed to produce a soft cookie, I make it all the time and am asked for the recipe often

Sugar Cookies
    1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    1 cup maragarine or butter softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    1 egg
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar
    granulated sugar

Mix powdered sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in vanilla, almond extract, and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

Heat oven to 375. Roll half of doung at a time 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth covered board. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

About 5 dozen 2 to 2 1/2 inch cookies.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a recipe that has never failed to produce a soft cookie, I make it all the time and am asked for the recipe often

Sugar Cookies
    1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    1 cup maragarine or butter softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    1 egg
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar
    granulated sugar

Mix powdered sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in vanilla, almond extract, and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.

Heat oven to 375. Roll half of doung at a time 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth covered board. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

About 5 dozen 2 to 2 1/2 inch cookies.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    I have sought your face with all my heart, be gracious to me according to your promise Psalm 119:58

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beansthemama For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are very welcome. Sometimes I wont put it in the fridge and it still turns out great. Another recipe that will work to make soft cookies and you can shape are the spritz just don't put them in the cookie press, roll them and cut out the shapes and they will cook up great.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, thank you so much! I really wanted to make Christmas cookies this year, but I've never been able to make the sugar cookies well. I'm putting this in favorites & I'm gonna try this year! Again, thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you both!!! Its that time, compiling some great recipes and again thanks!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star

Kim,
    I'm going to try your recipe for your sugar cookies. You have no idea how long I've been trying to find a soft sugar cookie recipe. My dad won't eat the hard ones. I've tried other recipes and no luck. But I'm going to try yours and I'm sure it will be just fine. And thanks for telling us about the spritz cookies. For some crazy reason I have always thought they needed to go in the cookie gun. It's so nice to know they actually don't. Take care and thanks again for sharing. Now I'm going to print your recipe out! Have a Blessed and Wonderful Day All!!

Hugs,
    Syndy

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nana106 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Syndy, I think the people who created the cookie press came up with the idea that spritz should only go in them. I love using the spritz recipe to make candy cane shaped cookies (divide the dough in half color one red leave the other half plain and roll them in logs and twist together to look like a candy cane). Hope the cookies turn out for your father.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now that I have a good SOFT Sugar Recipe, dose anyone have a good HARD Sugar Recipe (like the ones you decorate)?
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jkpjohnson For This Useful Post: