Velveeta Cheese tip- Tips-n-Tricks

If there are just two people eating the cheese, cut the 2 lb bar of cheese into thirds, divide a can of Rotel or equivalent into thirds and only melt what you're going to eat that night. The cheese doesn't get gunky, and you don't end up with a large glass bowl taking up space in your refrigerator

bag, bar, bowl, cheese, crockpot, eating, end, large, melt, mini, night, people, pot, small, space, taking, velveeta, works, wrap, year, rotel, glass, container, back, thirds, side, avoids, mixing, wonderfully, manner, tupperware/plastic, make, wrapper, timely, ziplock, remainer, plastic, overcooking, equivalent, divide, gunky, melting, neat, bought, made, refrigerator, remember

Smart Budgeter
    NE Fort Bend County, TX - Sugar Land Mailing address
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Velveeta Cheese tip

If there are just two people eating the cheese, cut the 2 lb bar of cheese into thirds, divide a can of Rotel or equivalent into thirds and only melt what you're going to eat that night. The cheese doesn't get gunky, and you don't end up with a large glass bowl taking up space in your refrigerator that you may not remember just when you made it. I got a really neat mini melting pot with the new crockpot I bought this year, and it works wonderfully for just the two of us, but you can also use a small glass mixing bowl as well. I wrap the cheese that I don't use back in the wrapper and put it into a plastic container that I got from Velveeta a while back, but you can also use any container it will fit in or a Ziplock bag as well. I put the remainer of the Rotel into a Tupperware/Plastic container. You still have to use the cheese and Rotel in a timely manner, but it avoids overcooking the cheese on the side of the glass bowl if you only make what you're going to use.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to janetaba For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats a great ideas!! I wish the 2lb block would last that long at our house though...thanks!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post: