Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help on freezing

has any froze bacon and if so how does it turn out and what did u do with it

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have frozen uncooked bacon. You can spread it apart when cooking like you can when its thawed but it tastes just as good I think. I take mine from the freezer and cut it into small peices then cook it - then I add it with some cubed potatoes that I have cooked and add eggs...makes a great breakfast treat!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    NE Fort Bend County, TX - Sugar Land Mailing address
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, works out just fine. We used to go to buy bacon out in the country, before gas cost so much and buy 10 lbs or so of bacon divide it up into what we'd use for one breakfast and freeze it.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to janetaba For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I precook (bake) a pound of bacon, flash freeze the individual pieces and then store in freezer bags. They just need 15-20 seconds in the microwave. Can't get much better than that.

I also freeze packages of raw bacon until I can get around to cooking it. Both methods work great.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mcnerd For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I freeze both raw and cooked. It works great. If you want to use it in foods after you cook and freeze if you thaw it out it works the same as if you had just cooked it. You can crumble it easy for the smaller pieces while it is still a little froze for salads and such.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have always froze bacon w/o cooking it first. Never after it is cooked. I will have to try this idea
    I freeze both raw and cooked. It works great. If you want to use it in foods after you cook and freeze if you thaw it out it works the same as if you had just cooked it. You can crumble it easy for the smaller pieces while it is still a little froze for salads and such.
    This is a quick idea for baked potatoes salads Thanks
    I have sought your face with all my heart, be gracious to me according to your promise Psalm 119:58

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beansthemama For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I always freeze mine, it does just fine. Don't wont it to go bad in the frig, it's to expensive not to freeze. It thaws out just fine. I've froze it cooked and uncooked.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tsgal For This Useful Post: