Tips for Making Cupcakes (or cake) Moist

Tips for Making Cupcakes (or cake) Moist

I have a local cupcake shop here that has the best cupcakes i've ever had... and I have tried researching online how they do it! Some sources say to add any of these ingredients to your usual recipe: apple sauce, cream cheese, instant pudding mix, mayonaise (1/2 a cup), more oil, instant

adding, cheese, content, cooking, fat, great, hat, heard, ingredients, items, lower, mix, oil, recipe, replace, replacing, tent, tips, works, yogurt, cream, pudding, instant, cupcake, cupcakes, jello, 7-up, sour, favorites, personal, honey, experimenting, cakes, whip, cool, sugar, maple, ideas, printed, usual, shop, making, cake, local, moist, researching, sauce, apple, online, sources

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tips for Making Cupcakes (or cake) Moist

I have a local cupcake shop here that has the best cupcakes i've ever had... and I have tried researching online how they do it!

Some sources say to add any of these ingredients to your usual recipe:
    apple sauce,
    cream cheese,
    instant pudding mix,
    mayonaise (1/2 a cup),
    more oil,
    instant jello mix,
    7-up,
    sour cream,
    honey,
    cool whip...

Just some ideas if you're going to be experimenting with cooking cakes! I just printed a great maple sugar cupcake recipe and will have to try one of these. My personal favorites seem to be cream cheese and the pudding mix.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Are you adding these to the recipe or using it to replace some of the oil?
    I have heard of using all those items to lower the fat content. How much would add to recipe if it was not replacing the fat? You can also add yogurt works great!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I forgot to mention that. It says you have to replace the wet ingredients with one of those... so don't try them all at once!!

Some of them would probably end up being much healthier than oil as well. Not necessarily the sour cream or cream cheese (but it's adding calcium! lol).

I never thought of yogurt - that sounds good too.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post: