View Poll Results: How would you prefer we handle Duplicate Posts?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • No change, I like the it's handled already.

9 39.13%
  • I'd prefer the duplicate post to be deleted.

10 43.48%
  • I'd prefer a note to be placed on the duplicate post.

2 8.70%
  • I'd prefer to view a Post Prefix (short note in front of thread subject)

3 13.04%
  • Other: (please enter your suggestions in a reply post)

1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question **Attention Freebie Friends!!!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    UPDATE

Since the majority of members polled stated they would like the thread deleted, I will try to delete the threads. I didn't want members to be concerned when their posts disappeared without notice so I created an autoresponder message that will notify you if a moderator alters your post.

Meaning you will get a Private Message if your post is Moved, Deleted, Approved (if you're still on moderation status), or if one of your posts is marked as "Sticky".

Then you won't be left wondering what happened to the post or why it's gone, etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm attempting to make the forum as clean and easy to navigate as possible. Here is the method I've been using to handle duplicate posts:

Currently, when I notice a duplicate post (where the post has been shared twice by different members in less than 5 days, I Merge them into the same thread).

If the post is over 5 days old and is a duplicate, I add a line that says:

Mod Note: this topic was previously covered (with a clickable link to the other thread).

I leave a redirect for several hours so poster of the freebie can see her/his post wasn't deleted, but was moved.

My question to all of you is...

Does this method work for you, or is it hard for you to follow?? (First, let me say, the reason for removing or Moving duplicate posts is because sometimes members forget they've already signed up for a freebie and then sign up again- thereby disqualifying themselves from receiving Any samples at all. Lots of companies send samples via a computer database and they just block your address from receiving them if they receive multiple requests from the same household.)

If you would please take a moment to vote in our poll (located above the thread)
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think which ever is easiest for you. Couldnt you add an icon like the Grave Stone, this indicates it was a duplicate? Would'nt that be easier for you.

Just another note ~ There seens to be alot of "side talk" on all of the posts, which comes across as a new thread, there has been alot of this lately, it is much harder to remember which ones you already looked at. I thought the side talk was suppose to be handles in PM's and that we should only be Thanking at the end of posts and the only thing that should be commented on the original post is information that may help others (this is dead, ..... until you have time to change it). I thought I read that in the rules , sometime back.

Like I said whatever is easier for you.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

whatever is good for you.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

to find happiness
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No change

no change...thanks for all your hard work..
    Lura Ann

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luraann For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

**UPDATE**

Since the majority of members polled stated they would like the thread deleted, I will try to delete the threads. I didn't want members to be concerned when their posts disappeared without notice so I created an autoresponder message that will notify you if a moderator alters your post.

Meaning you will get a Private Message if your post is Moved, Deleted, Approved (if you're still on moderation status), or if one of your posts is marked as "Sticky".

Then you won't be left wondering what happened to the post or why it's gone, etc.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post: