Thread: Diecutting

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scissors Diecutting

I picked up a cuttlebug kids this weekend at wallmart for . I just knew it would be usefull. It took a lot of searching. provo crafts says this machine only uses the kids die cuts. What I found says this is untrue. You can make the Extreamly cheap system take any of the slim die cuts from cuttlebug or sizzix by buying an extra matt set and useing two small mats (mat B) This allows for the slightly thicker die cuts to fit through the machine. Take it a step further and try buying plexi glass from your local home store in the right thickness and makeing your own plates. This is what I plan on doing to use the 12" long die cuts. Hope this saves some for somebody. The regular machines cost -. This only gets you the 2" width dies but that is still quite a few.
    Last edited by redring; 11-03-2008 at 10:01 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Wow what a bargain. Hope you are able to make it work.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

it works! for sure.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

redring,
    I went and got one, they didn't have any dies left of course .. My WM was 13 or 14 bucks but I grabbed it anyway.

Can you explain further since I have never used it?

Thanks

Ria

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HSLINKS For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to know what diecutting is.. never did it and I never heard of it...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binkygirl716 For This Useful Post:

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

blinky diecutting is a papper cutter shapes used for papper crafting .

HSlinks- you can buy the cuttlebug kids diecuters for the machine and use them to cut papper shapes for cards,scrapbooking or other papper projects. Or you can buy ( I think only available online now. I havent seen them in the stores) A new plate set. If you look at your plates that came with your cutter they are marked MAT A & MAT B. Usew two mat B instead of mat A & mat B. Useing two mat B lets you use the slighly thicker diecuters made for the more expensive machines. This will give you more diecutters to chose from. There are a few companys you will be able to find the right dies from. Sizzlex and cuttlebug are two. Once you have what you want to use just place your papper and diecutter in between the two B mats and turn them through youre machine as the directions tell you to. Once your don you will have perfectly cut shapes. I have cristmass trees and snowman from provo crafts ( so thats regular cuttlebug die cutters). They work fine. You can only use 2" width die cutters in the cuttlebug kids. That still leaves you with a lot of them to choose from. I have not tryed the embossing folders yet but I think they will work too. Good luck with your new toy!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redring For This Useful Post: