Banana Bread Recipe With Chocolate Chips Baked In A Mug

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The Kitchen Banana Bread Recipe With Chocolate Chips Baked In A Mug

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rtebalt

Banana Bread Recipe With Chocolate Chips
      Baked In A Mug
      This banana bread recipe contains mini chocolate ships and finely chopped walnuts topped of with a chocolate glaze topping. It’s efficient to make several of these mug gifts and most anyone would love to receive one.

Choose a mug that is oven safe and large enough to hold the bread batter so it doesn’t overflow. To present your gifts place a 1 inch ribbon through the handle and tie it in a bow. You can then place it in a clear bag with curly ribbon or raffia securing the bag over the top of the mug.

Don’t forget to add a gift tag indicating the contents; such as “Banana Walnut Bread With Chocolate Chips”.

1 oven proof mug with the volume of 1-1/2 to 2 cups
      1/4 cup all-purpose flour
      2 tablespoons granulated sugar
      1/4 teaspoon baking soda
      1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      pinch of salt
      1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
      2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
      1/2 ripe banana
      1 egg
      1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
      OPTION: additional 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips for glaze

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the inside of oven proof mug with nonstick cooking spray.

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, and 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips. Set aside.

Mash banana, egg, and oil in small bowl to combine. Stir in mixture set aside; blend well.

Pour batter into prepared mug (3/4 full for rising space) and bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

This banana bread recipe makes one one mug gift; multiply recipe for two or more gifts.

OPTION: melt the additional 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips for glaze and drizzle over room temperature bread.

JoAnn

I never thought about putting mini chocolate chips in banana bread. This will be a bread baking weekend,coming up.

Margaret K

Wwe bake a lot of banana bread w/ nuts but never thought of chocolate chips. I wonder how white chips would tatst. Any opinions?

MJC1976

My mom loves making this for the kids to snack on.

JoAnn

Margaret K, I bet the banana bread would taste good with white chip. It really does sound good to me. But I’m a fan of this bread with nuts too.

I grew up eating this..Yum

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The Kitchen Banana Bread Recipe With Chocolate Chips Baked In A Mug