Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default dinner party favors for kids

I am having a dinner party and have made favors for the adults that were very elaborate and time consuming. I need to make favors for the 11 kids that will also be there, but, do not have the time, or energy to spend on complicated ones. Anyone have any ideas on "easy" favors that kids will enjoy?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to semajrn For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You haven't explained what kind of a dinner party it is, but if you have a theme that always makes it easier. Poppers are always a fun easy item for the kids (toilet paper roll filled with goodies then wrapped in tissue paper and string).

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wilbe95 View Post
    You haven't explained what kind of a dinner party it is, but if you have a theme that always makes it easier. Poppers are always a fun easy item for the kids (toilet paper roll filled with goodies then wrapped in tissue paper and string).
    Thank you for your reply, but, there is no theme to this dinner party.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to semajrn For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what you want the kids to have as far as favors. And it depends on the ages, and even gender possibly. Might just go to the Dollar Store and get a few of those "little" gift bags, and make a little goodie bag for each child. Could even tailor this towards each child, at least age and gender. And of course budget is a factor for 11. But, if you have children all about the same age, you can usually get some bags of items--pencils, crayons, rings, candy, etc. for a dollar with several in and then divide between the goodie bags.
    One idea, if you have a digital camera and printer, and the TIME, you might take a photo of each child, print it, and put it in a frame to take home, or even provide a couple of pages for a scrapbook and the decorations and let them make their own scrapbook page(s). Maybe have the older children write short autobiography about them selves and include that.
    Are the adults getting a party favor? Is there any variation you could do on that?
    Even if you don’t have a theme for the party, could you make on for the favors? Seasonal? Winter, say rather than Thanksgiving or Christmas?
    Maybe “Matchbox” with a trinket? Buy some matchboxes, empty, cover with pretty paper, inside and out, and then put a small trinket in there. Depending on how much, how about a Susan B. Anthony Dollar? If you go to any stamp machine, your change is in Susan B. Anthony Dollars. Or a gift certificate tucked inside for say a free Wendy’s Frosty or McDonalds Cone or something along that line?
    Or how about making each child a Miniature cake, like a muffin size, or specialty pan, frost and include his/her name at the setting.
    Make a “mini” center piece for each child, variation on the goodie bag, but make it like a bouquet—pencils, lollipops, again, bag items from say the Dollar Store and use a mini bucket, or little cup, or other container.
    I am always looking for little bits for children to have at a Family Christmas Dinner held every year. So, when I see something that looks promising, I simply buy it and put it aside. I find a lot of Christmas type items very cheap after Christmas or at yard sales. So I usually have a box of craft items for them to do as the adults are chatting or eating. I rarely know exactly how many children, and ages vary considerably, so the youngest kids might just get a toy of some sort age specific, and older children might have ornaments to make, pages to color, etc. But, I try to have some candy and little items they can take home.

Gloria

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trekglo For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Gloria, for your suggestions. I have made individual handmade and decorated boxes for each couple with my own homemade truffles in each box. The kids are between the ages of 7 and 15. I was thinking of dipping pretzel sticks into white and dark chocolate and then into some decorative trimmings, etc., and then bagging them, giving each child his own.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to semajrn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I understand why you would want favors for the kids, Go to oriental trading they have really cheap, and easy things for kids. Good luck!
    I have sought your face with all my heart, be gracious to me according to your promise Psalm 119:58

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beansthemama For This Useful Post: