Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Christmas Ideas for Kids
11-01-2008, 06:30 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Christmas Ideas for Kids
• Design Christmas window scenes: Cover window with glass wax; allow it to dry. Let your children draw a scene with their fingers.
• Cover your kitchen table with butcher paper and let the kids red and green designs all over it. Use it as a tablecloth.
• Make a Spackle sculpture wreath. Mix 1 cup of water and 1 cup of Spackle to for the consistency of whipped cream. Mix in green food coloring. Spoon onto waxed paper and mold into a wreath shape. Let dry and add bows and small ornaments with hot glue.
• Bread Bears - thaw frozen bread dough (one small loaf makes two small bears). Divide and form dough. One larger piece for the bear's mid section and 5 smaller pieces, one for the head and 4 for the arms and legs. Pinch body parts together. Use raisins as the eyes and mouth and on the tummy for buttons. Bake following directions on the bread dough package. Cool for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool the bears completely.
• Make yarn snowflakes. Dip a 36" piece of yarn on a piece of waxed paper. When dry, peel it away from the paper. Sprinkle with glitter.
• Create a Christmas tree for the birds. String popcorn, cranberries and raisins on a fishing line. Hang outdoors but remember to remove the fishing when empty (this is very important).
• Make place mats from old greeting cards. Cut pictures from the cards and place on a piece of poster board cut to resemble a placemat. Glue or tape pictures to hold place and cover both sides with clear contact paper
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: