Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Holiday Accents
11-01-2008, 06:28 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
• Dress up the table with a cascade of sugar dusted fruit. Simply brush fruit with lightly beaten egg white, dip in granulated sugar and air-dry on rack. Display on fine china or a 2 Tiered display.
• Add a string of Christmas lights to a large potted plant.
• Tuck sprigs of holly into the soil around potted plants.
• Fill tin cookie cutters with cranberries and popcorn and display them, with sprigs of holly, on a pretty platter.
• Create a glitzy display of golden jingle bells in a crystal bow. Add a snippet of green and a red ribbon for the traditional cheer.
• In a bowl, place some greens from a pine tree tied in a green or red bow. Place a lemon and two limes (or vice versa) pegged with cloves.
• Place a bunch of pine cones, walnuts and a few pieces of greenery in a sterling silver bowl. Accent by throwing in a few pieces of metallic silver ribbons.
• Place some fruit in a low lying bowl and put some garland of silver bead all around the fruit and the inside of the bowl. Place the bowl on a mat make of pine tree trimmings.
• In a decorative bowl, place a few small, wrapped presents in the bowl surrounded by small ornaments with colors to accent the presents.
• Pierce an orange with whole cloves until the entire fruit is covered. Repeat with apples. Place the scented arrangement in a decorative bowl for a fragrant centerpiece.
• Fill your home with the scent of a pleasant potpourri. Place orange rind, cloves, cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Let mixture simmer on low heat. Watch carefully so water does not boil away.