Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Christmas Decorating Ideas
11-01-2008, 06:22 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Christmas Decorating Ideas
• To hold candles more firmly in their holders, use miniature cupcake liners. They fit into most candles holders and can be purchased in pretty silver and gold tones.
• Give your table a decorative dimension by placing a paper doily over fabric place mats - or over a tablecloth - at each place setting.
• Spray your precious table linens with a fabric protector a few days before you plan to use them. Then the inevitable spills will be less likely to stain.
• Switch a lampshade to one in a dark solid hue for an intimate ambience.
• Arrange candles in front of a mirror to double the magical glow.
• Pile colorful mittens, mufflers and knitted caps in a big basket by the back door for a bright room accent.
• For a great holiday scent, buy a small fragrant topiary-such as rosemary- for a kitchen windowsill.
• Buy fragrant soaps, wrap them in colorful tissue and place them in a basket in the guest bathroom.
• Tie ribbons around the the base of candlesticks for extra decor.
• Arrange a group of candles -both votive and tapers-on a pretty mirror or tray. Even unlit, they'll look festive.
• Tuck wooden toys or antique dolls among pin boughs on a mantelpiece for an old-fashioned flair.
• Fill glass pitchers or vases with Christmas balls and sprigs of holly.
• Invert a plastic berry basket over a bow when mailing a package to prevent the bow from getting crushed