Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Baby Shower Ideas - HELP!!! :)

Hi guys! I'm throwing a baby shower on November 15th for a friend of mine. She is having a baby girl that is due on Christmas Eve . Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do? I don't have a lot of money to spend, so I'm looking for some cute, inexpensive ideas. Thanks so much!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did a girl baby shower and bought most of my decorations/gifts from the dollar tree. I think it cost me around $30.00 for all of that. Oriental trading posts has some inexpensive things as well.
    For food, make it a potluck, everyone brings an appetizer! Good luck I hope it turns out nice
    I have sought your face with all my heart, be gracious to me according to your promise Psalm 119:58

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beansthemama For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

beansthemama, What great suggestions. The family here has done the same thing and found someone within the family to make a cake also.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Throw some fun games in. You will probably already have a lot of decorations because of the holidays. So use those to tie in for the baby shower. If you could do a guessing game on the weight of the baby, everyone write down a favorite name if she has not already shared the name of the baby. Diapering games with baby dolls. I really like the idea of the potluck that everyone brings something to share for food.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Mom always made a sheet cake and put little baby booties on it- 1 per slice. She'd use pink or blue icing if they knew the sex if not yellow or green. Just a little icing glob down and then a little dot on top at one end to make a bootie and if she had time she'd use her writing tip and make a little bow just like an actual bootie would have. Your icing has to be real thick to hold it's shape to do this. I'm not much at decorating cakes but I could do this one. Very easy and oh so simple. I always make it the day before the shower so it's done and it was fine to do so.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This something that one of my co-workers does, she rolls up baby wash clothes, one at a time, set them up on end to make a circle. It looks like a cake, then tie a ribbon around the whole thing. You can make as many tiers as you want, then add in a few baby toys to dress it up. (like rattles, pacifers, things like that) She buys all of her things at the dollor tree. Hope this helps for a gift or a decoration type thing.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tsgal For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could also have everyone start collecting coupons for baby necessities that wont expire too soon and give those to the mother to be along with some of the different places to sign up for goodies for the new baby.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

One more thing you could do is: Get a large basket, ask each quest to buy a small item to put into it, tylenol for baby and mommy (hehe), wipes, baby socks, bottles, pacifiers, recieving blankets, then put it together for her, and deliever to her once baby is born. Nice gift and useful. All new moms could use Good Luck
    I have sought your face with all my heart, be gracious to me according to your promise Psalm 119:58

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beansthemama For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast