Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default K-Mart Double Coupons!!!

Right now, K-Mart is doubling coupons up to AND including $2 coupons!!!! This is fantastic!!!! My wonderful hubbie took me tonight & followed me around for 2 hrs while I shopped! But he agreed it was worth it when we bought $90 worth of stuff for $23!!!!

Here are some of the deals I got:

Dove Shampoo -FREE! (worth $3.79)
    Dove Conditioner - FREE! (worth $3.79)
    Pert Dandruff Shampoo - FREE! (worth $3.49)
    Swiffer Duster 360 - FREE! (worth $3.99)
    Lifesavers - FREE! (worth $1.25)
    Glade Carpet Powder - 19 cents (worth $2.19)
    Pedigree Dog Treats - 29 cents (worth $2.29)
    Cascade Complete Gel - 29 cents (worth $3.29)
    Vaseline Lotion - 49 cents (worth $2.99)
    Crest Toothpaste - 50 cents (worth $2.50)
    Arm & Hammer Toothpaste - 50 cents (worth $2.50)
    Colgate Toothpaste - 50 cents (worth $2.50)
    Purina Beggin Strips - 50 cents (worth $2.50)
    Purina T-Bonz - 50 cents (worth .50)

Oust Sanitizing Spray - 79 cents (worth $3.79)
    Glade Fabric & Air - 79 cents (worth $3.79)
    Tylenol PM - 79 cents (worth $4.79)
    Tylenol Rapid Release - 79 cents (worth $4.79)
    Dayquil Capsuls - 79 cents (worth $4.79)
    Rolaids Extra Strength - 84 cents (worth 2.84)
    Airborne Tablets - $2.49 (worth $6.49)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hopefully it's going on at all K-Marts I'll have to check....Way to go on the savings...Proud shopper you must be.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its a national program from what I've heard. You just have to call your local K-Mart & ask them if they are participating.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope they do that here in Charlottesville..thanks for the heads up!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got a flyer this week saying that our Kmart in Miami, FL is doing this which made me really excited. I've been collecting coupons for the past few months and haven't heard of this before at our Kmarts yet. So does anyone have any tips for this? I wrote down your list and am going to try and get the same good deals, but am wondering ...

should i just use coupons that are high in amounts (like $2) so they double to $4 and would be more likely to be a better deal?

can anyone explain there approach to this...? i'm kind of new with the coupons and not sure how i should go about this!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Starsinnight,
    The coupon approach depends on what your other stores do. For example, my local grocery store doubles coupons up to 99 cents, so I didn't really worry too much about those coupons because I can use them at the grocery store. But, the grocery store does not double $1 coupons, so I took all my $1.00, $1.25, $1.50 & $2.00 coupons with me. Be careful not to go overboard though. That is my problem. I think if I have a coupon I need to use it, but that isn't true. I try to only buy things I need first. Then, I buy things I WILL need only if they cost less than a dollar. Lastly, I buy things that are more than a dollar only if it is an incredible deal.
    Examples:
    1.) What I need: I needed more Dayquil. It was $4.79 & I had a $2.00 coupon. The coupon got doubled, so it was $4.00 off! That means it only cost 79 cents!
    2.) Things that I will need: Of course, you can always use dishwasher detergent! It was $3.29. I had a $1.50 off coupon, which got doubled to $3.00, so it was 29 cents!
    3.) Incredible deals: Airborne costs $6.49. I had a $2 coupon, which was doubled to $4, so it was only $2.49. That's an incredible deal!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

rtebalt, Great explaining . So helpful you are.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I had seen your message before I went!! It was a disaster! I did get some good deals, i am just not too sure with what since I did go overboard. I should have gotten less items so I could keep track. Our Kmart is old-fashioned and doesn't have that handy monitor so you can watch everything as it swipes, so I was leaning over into the cashiers monitor so I could see and all the coupons got rung up at the end so I lost track!

My big mistake is that it is only doubled for coupons up to $2. I had a $3 and $5 coupon and ended up keeping the item anyways which cost me money in the end. I also messed up with cat food since the coupon said it was for 2 bags and I didnt notice that, so i ended up returning it after.

I did get free tic-tacs - I do know that!! And i am still confused if I got a good deal on all the Dove products. There were $2 and $1.50 off coupons, but I used the $2 ones which ended up exceeding the total limit - so does that mean they didn't double it?? And i should've used the $1.50 one since it was a total $3.79 item?

I should have definitely not gotten all that makeup - that is what pushed my bill up. It totaled $55 before coupons and then went down to $30 out of my pocket. I did get 3 shampoo bottles, deodarant, dayquil, clorox cleaner, tylenol, 3 makeup items, tic tacs... I think that might be it. Sounds like a little bit for all that money, even with the savings of $20.

Well, the double coupons are over here (it was til Nov.1) and no other stores that I am aware of in S.FL double coupons on a daily basis, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next deal like this!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starsinnight For This Useful Post: