Garlic Mashed Potatoes

1 pound (2 large) potatoes, peeled and quartered 2 large cloves garlic, chopped 2 cups skim milk 1/2 tsp. white pepper Cook potatoes, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Drain and recover. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over

cups, dish, drain, electric, garlic, heat, large, low, mashed, microwave, minutes, mix, mixer, potatoes, remove, small, smooth, soft, water, white, cook, milk, pepper, mixture, beat, milk/garlic, made, masher, speed, potato, mash, covered, pound, skim, peeled, quartered, cloves, chopped, amount, tender, recover, boiling, saucepan

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Garlic Mashed Potatoes

1 pound (2 large) potatoes, peeled and quartered
    2 large cloves garlic, chopped
    2 cups skim milk
    1/2 tsp. white pepper

Cook potatoes, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Drain and recover.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, cook garlic in milk until garlic is soft, about 30 minutes.
    Add milk/garlic mixture and white pepper to potatoes.
    Beat with an electric mixer on low speed or mash with a potato masher until smooth. (This dish can be made in a microwave.)
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

they only thing i have to add : I need some butter for the taste

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to semmel88 For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The garlic really adds a great taste!! Hope you enjoy!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post: