Thread: Christmas

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info Christmas

When I was a little girl my Aunt lived in Idaho, and we lived in the bay area of CA. Each year she made homemade fudge, and cookies. Lots of different goodies, and she would place them in a tin that she found out the goodwill or a yardsale. She would clean them up by running them through a dishwasher,and place some of the prettest tissue in the bottom.

I knew Christmas was almost here each year when recieved her gift. Life has changed so much that I feel kids expect toys and money. Really that is not what Christmas is about. So, each year I send my nieces and nephews a homemade gift to carry on my aunts tradition. My signature on that gift that my family knows will be in there, my homemade hot chocolate. Hopefully just one of my neices or nephews will remember this and carry it on to the next generation.
    I have sought your face with all my heart, be gracious to me according to your promise Psalm 119:58

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to beansthemama For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a wonderful tradition you are passing on. We buy for the children in our family, they receive 1 gift. I bake lots of goodies too and all adults, neighbors etc. get baked goodies. I love that my Goodwill had 50% everything the first saturday of every month. I also use pretty baskets that I wrap in cello wrap. Of course these aren't for sending in the mail.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mom2Natenoahnick For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very good ideas. I am going to be getting together with friends and making goodies this year for the holidays.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tina30219 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

i make hand make card and buy some items i think that match my siblings and gives them as a gift
    as for bake goods .... they will probably taste bad
    I am learning thought hopefully i learn

I was thinking of trying knitting

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danghsia For This Useful Post: