Homemade Oven Cleaner

Homemade Oven Cleaner

4 tbsp baking soda 4 tbsp hot steamy water toothbrush or soft-bristle brush sponge Make a paste by combining the baking soda and water. Apply it to the inside of the oven using the brush. Allow the solution to sit for 1 minute. Scrub with brush until oven is clean. Rinse with water

120, 1201, 2010, baking, clean, cleaner, homemade, hot, inside, love, minute, oven, paste, sit, soda, soft, solution, star, til, water, brush, sponge, tbsp, scrub, remain, 120103_emte32_prv, traces, rinse, make, toothbrush, combining, steamy, soft-bristle, apply

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homemade Oven Cleaner

4 tbsp baking soda
    4 tbsp hot steamy water
    toothbrush or soft-bristle brush
    sponge

Make a paste by combining the baking soda and water.
    Apply it to the inside of the oven using the brush.
    Allow the solution to sit for 1 minute.
    Scrub with brush until oven is clean.
    Rinse with water and sponge until no traces of baking soda remain.

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Oven Cleaner

This is great! My oven hasn't been cleaned in a about a year. ( I don't use it that much) but I noticed a lot of pizza residue in it and it started to smoke a bit. I tried your concoction and it worked fabulous. Sure beats store bought chemicals that kill your lungs.
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got to love baking soda.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I buy baking soda by the bag. I use it in baking, carpet cleaning and now oven cleaning.

cheers for the tip

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your oven is really, really dirty and this won't budge anything, try adding vinegar into the mixture (for a max of 30 minutes) but please check if this is harmful to your particular oven (when mixed with bicarb.)

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use baking soda all the time to clean. Suggested that to my boss at work and showed her how clean I could get the glass doors to the case. Takes the minerals spots off the metal cases too. I am allergic to some chemicals, so my cleaning supplies involve baking soda and vinegar. Cheaper too. When I burned something in the bottom of an old aluminum pan, I rinsed it out, put in some baking soda and water and put it on to boil.. I had thought I would never use that pan again. I watched as the black just peeled and boiled off the pan.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The oven door slides right off from a vertical position to give better access to clean it.