Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default From the Recycle Baby Food Jars

From the Recycle Baby Food Jars

1.) Envelope and Stamp Licker - Take a baby food jar. Cover with wallpaper to match office or work area. Glue a peice of sponge inside of lid, Fill with water. Cover lid with material to match and go around the edges with ribbon. Works great. Makes a great kids gift to give to working parents or Grandparents.

2.) Snow globes - Glue a small object to the inside of the lid - a plastic figurine, f, etc. Add glitter, beads, or foil confetti, etc. Fill the jar with equal parts water and corn syrup, add food coloring if desired. Seal the lid onto the jar using a watertight sealant - the kind used for aquariums, or the stuff found in the plumbing section of your hardware store. Put a bead of sealant on the threads of the jar and on the inside threads of the lid. Close it up, leave overnight to dry. Kids love this!

3.) Gift Basket Additions - Decorate the jars and lids: Paint with PermEnamel paints, cover with fabric, attach wooden shapes to the lids, make clay decorations for the lids. Fill with gift items: bath salts, homemade coffee/tea mixtures, potpourri, small candy, etc.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We do the snow globes, we usually buy the tiny ornaments and make scenes in them too...great ideas!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I was as good at coming up with ideas as you all are.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tina30219 For This Useful Post: