Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Veg Frattata
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM #1
Vegetable Frittata with Roasted Tomato Salsa
1 Tbl vegetable oil
1 large onion halved & sliced thin (1 1/2)cups
1 large red pepper, diced ( 1 1/2 cups)
1 lb cremini mushrooms, trimmed & sliced
2 lbs firm tofu, drained
1 cup egg whites (about 10-12 large)
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbl chopped fresh basile or 1 Tbl dried
4 medium zucchini, shredded (4 cups)
12 oz soy cheese or cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
Roasted Tomato Salsa
4 ripe large tomatoes, cored
1 large onion 2 shallots, peeled
1/4 cup chopped fress chives
1. Preheat oven to 350. In medium skillet, heat oil
over medium heat. Add onion & pepper & cook, stirring
often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms & cook, stirring often until
softened, about 5 minutes. Removed skillet from heat.
3. In food processor, process tofu until smooth. Add
egg whites, salt & basil process until blended.
4. In a large bowl combine mushroom mixture, tofu
mixture, zucchini & cheese, & mix.
5. Lightly coat inside of 9 " dee quiche pan with
cooking fpray. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
6. Bake until frittata is firm & top is lightly
golden about 1 1/2 hours.
7. Meanwhile, make salsa: Lightly coat baking sheet
with cooking spray. Arrange tomatoes, onion &
shallots on prepared sheet. Place in oven with
frittata. Bake until tomato skins brown & blister,
about 45 minutes,
8. In food processor or blender, process roasted
vegetables & 1/4 tsp salt until smooth.
9. Pour sauce into medium saucepan. Heat over low
heat until simmering. Pour into serving bowl and
sprinkle with chives. Serve hot with frittata