Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question How do you save on baby formula?

My son is 4 months old and formula fed. Does any one have any tips on spending less on formula? Can anyone reassure me that the generic stuff is just as good as the Enfamil I usually use? Speaking of Enfamil, I signed up on their website but haven't received any of those "checks" since I left the hospital. I breast fed for three months and those cupons accumulated so I was able to get one of those big cans for My son is 4 months old and formula fed. Does any one have any tips on spending less on formula? Can anyone reassure me that the generic stuff is just as good as the Enfamil I usually use? Speaking of Enfamil, I signed up on their website but haven't received any of those "checks" since I left the hospital. I breast fed for three months and those cupons accumulated so I was able to get one of those big cans for $0.99 but haven't seen any more. Just this past week the hubs and I had to ask his mom to take back the gift card she got us for our anniversary and send us the cash so we can buy formula and put gas in our cars. We're not eligible for WIC or anything like that so if anyone has any tips/advice on formula savings I'd love to hear it!.99 but haven't seen any more. Just this past week the hubs and I had to ask his mom to take back the gift card she got us for our anniversary and send us the cash so we can buy formula and put gas in our cars. We're not eligible for WIC or anything like that so if anyone has any tips/advice on formula savings I'd love to hear it!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KrisKris For This Useful Post:

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go into the Freebies forum and click on "Baby Freebies" in the stickies (top part of the forum). There are links with phone numbers you can call. Many of these companies are now Verifying that you truly have a baby (because so many people are signing up just so they can sell them on ebay, etc).

Also, if you're a coupon clipper, you can ask in the forums if someone would like to trade/swap formula/diaper coupons.

~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liss For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    NE Fort Bend County, TX - Sugar Land Mailing address
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll take a look and see if I find any in my coupon box or in the coupon sections I just got. I'll be glad to send them to you.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janetaba For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, ladies! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KrisKris For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used the generic brands of formula (of course that was over 6 years ago). I did not notice any difference in them. Another thing you can do is price shop-remember if it goes on sale somewhere if you have a Wal-Mart they will match that price. Might also check with your doctor-sometimes they get samples and coupons in large quantities. I will look for some coupons for you but it has been a long time since I have gotten some for formula.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, sometimes, if you're good friends with your neighbors, you can ask them if they'd mind if you sign up for formula samples in their names as well, or even other family members.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I take the free sample coupon to the doctor's office every time my son goes for a visit (right now it's every other month). I've signed up my mom and mother-in-law to get the coupons from Enfamil but they haven't received anything yet either. I wonder what's up with that. When I signed up for Gerber they sent coupons right away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KrisKris For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have to use the Enfamil? I remember using that on mine until the free samples were gone then went to the Parent's Choice (Wal-Mart) brand because it was so much cheaper.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast