Tomato Carrot Chili

Tomato Carrot Chili

Tomato Carrot Chili 14 oz bag pinto beans, cooked 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 onion peeled and diced 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 carrot diced 14 oz can diced tomatoes 1 cup ketchup 1 cup water

bag, beans, bring, brown, chili, cooker, cup, drain, ingredients, leftovers, minute, minutes, onion, pin, rice, slow cooker, soft, tacos, tomato, white, teaspoon, diced, cook, carrot, water, hours, pinto, heat, garlic, simmer, reduce, rest, boil, burritos, rolled, serves, briefly, serve, cover, colander, powder, ketchup, cumin, oregano, tomatoes, minced, peeled, tablespoons, cooked, tablespoon

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tomato Carrot Chili

Tomato Carrot Chili

14 oz bag pinto beans, cooked
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 onion peeled and diced
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 carrot diced
    14 oz can diced tomatoes
    1 cup ketchup
    1 cup water
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon oregano

Cook the pinto beans covered in water until tender, about 1-1/2 hours or 3 hours in a slow cooker. Drain in colander. Add the oil to a Dutch oven pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, garlic and carrots briefly until brown, about 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve chili over brown or white rice. Leftovers can be rolled into burritos or soft tacos.
    Serves 8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This recipe sounds very interesting! I'm gonna have to try this. (I'm also gonna give the recipe to my mama. My parents try to eat mostly vegetarian & I think they'd like this. Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is a fun way to sneak some extra veggies into the kids food we will use leftovers to make bean and cheese burritos.