outside Philadelphia, PA
    Blog Entries

Default Bekka's Southwest Chicken Dish

I sort of developed this recipe from a couple other recipes that I had seen. I love it because its one of those "everything in the pot" recipes & its usually things I already have in the house. Plus, its a great way to make chicken go farther.

chicken breast (for just my hubbie & I, I only use one breast & we usually
    get 2 meals out of it!)
    1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 can corn, drained & rinsed
    1 can diced tomatoes & chiles
    1 pkt Sazon Goya
    Cumin, to taste
    Chili Powder (optional - if you like a little "kick")

1.) Heat some olive oil in a pan & cook your chicken. Dice into bite-sized pieces. (If you want this dish to be even easier to make, you could bake the chicken in the oven anytime during the day. - Less work for you at dinner time!)
    2.) After chicken is cooked & diced, in a pot, combine chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes (with juice), Sazon Goya, cumin (1-2 Tbs or more to your taste - I use A LOT), & chili powder (if you want it spicier). Heat through.
    3.) While chicken mixture is heating through, cook rice in separate pot.
    4.) Serve chicken mixture over rice.

(My hubbie LOVES this dish, but he doesn't like really spicy foods, so I leave out the chili powder.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: