Keep on keepin on~
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face I'm sure this is a pretty dumb question about the oven, lol

I really haven't had to worry about this before but now that the kids are getting older and eating more at dinner than they use to, I am having to double up recipes sometimes. So my question is, if I make 2 casseroles in the oven at the same time, do I need to cook them longer as opposed to having just one in there? SERIOUSLY, i feel dumb for asking this, lol.
    ~True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable~~Sharon in Va.~

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blndemom23 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's not a dumb question at all! No, you shouldn't have to bake them longer. The only thing that I will tell you is that sometimes when I bake 2 things together in the oven & I put one on the top rack & one on the next rack, one may brown quicker than the other, so you might want to watch for that. What I would suggest is to switch the 2 casseroles halfway through baking. For example, if you are supposed to bake them for 30 minutes, then bake for 15 minutes & then move the casserole that was on the top rack to the 2nd rack & vice versa. This will help both casseroles to brown evenly. Hope this helps!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not a dumb question at all. I have made several pans of foods at one time in the oven. Depending on the casserole you are making they might fit on the same shelf in the oven and there is no problem. If you are using really large pans then you will need to rotate to prevent one cooking faster then the other.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Keep on keepin on~
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys for the info AND for not laughing at me lmao
    ~True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable~~Sharon in Va.~

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blndemom23 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey we have to learn some how and if you don't ask you will never know.
    Glad that you are getting into the bulk cooking. I like to make several items and then throw them into the freezer and use them as a convienence food that I can just throw into the oven to re-heat. Saves a lot of time and stress when it is a night that you are running like crazy or especially on those nights that you just really do not want to cook.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

rtebalt,

You explain the oven baking to blndemom very well. job.....
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks JoAnn! I understand how anyone feels when they think they have a dumb cooking question. I started really cooking later than most - after I was out of college. But I fell in love with it! I'm so glad I can help somone!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

but if you double the recipe and put in a larger pan, then you might have to cook longer! If I have a casserole in a small pan and double it and put it into a 9X13 pan I cook as usual and then check and see if it needs longer or not. If I use a larger casserole dish that might make it deeper instead or same level and spread out then I need to greatly increase the time. I've been cooking for 7 for so long I sometimes forget stuff like that! It'll be LOL when I suddenly find myself cooking for 2 some day!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post: