Bank fees

Bank fees

Hello. I'm desperate and utterly frustrated. I just switched jobs, which put me in that spot where I missed the pay period - so no pay for almost a month. Problem: Insurance and other bills automatically taken out of bank account bounced. Now I have more than $200 in late fees, and not enough

age, bank, case, charges, check, deal, extra, hat, hey, husband, ice, lisa, local, nice, people, problem, service, talking, work, worth, frustrated, fees, automatically, $200, account, bounced, cries, scared, suggestions, bills, rent, late, spot, jobs, switched, desperate, utterly, missed, month, insurance, period

Thread: Bank fees

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doh Bank fees

Hello. I'm desperate and utterly frustrated. I just switched jobs, which put me in that spot where I missed the pay period - so no pay for almost a month.
    Problem: Insurance and other bills automatically taken out of bank account bounced. Now I have more than $200 in late fees, and not enough to pay rent. HOW can I fix this? (cries) I'm scared and frustrated. Any suggestions?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MorningG For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Might try talking to someone at the bank. I doubt that they will waive the fees but it might keep a few extra charges from being added. You might also want to check with who you rent from and explain. Sometimes if you tell them what is going on they can be understanding. I know this isn't much help...could check with some of the local social service agencies they have dealt with this for other people, your not alone in this situation several people are having this same problem. Good luck to you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My husband used to work at a bank and says if you are very nice and this doesn't happen often, you can ask for the charges to be reversed. They have always done it in our case. Its worth a try Lisa

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcove2000 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes! I agree with Icove2000. My husband used to work for a bank as well. He says you should do 2 things:
    1.) Talk with someone at the bank (Customer Service Representative). If you have never bounced a check before they may waive the fees. (This happened with me and they waived the fees! )
    2.) If you do not already have it, you need to set up an Automatic Funds Transfer from your savings to your checking account. That way, if something were to happen again and you have movey in savings it will draw from there instead of bouncing the check.

Hope this helps! The main thing is, don't panic! Its gonna be OK!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: