Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star Mosquitoes

Put a dryer sheet in your pocket and it will keep the mosquitoes away!!

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dryer sheets are also great for keeping mice away!!! Lady at the bank told me this years ago when we got our first RV. Had mentioned to her that I noticed some mice droppings in it. She told me to put dryer sheets everywhere. Especially when storing over the winter. Told a few of our neighbors about it, we all kinda of chuckled at first but tried it. You should've seen us the following spring when we opened up our campers and RV's and saw no mice!

Kris

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

For real? If I put dryer sheets in my RV the mice will stay out? Where do you put the dryer sheets-in the drawers? or out in the open? This is valuable information. Those varments get in and destroy all that wiring-oh what a mess.
    Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they will I promise! I put them in all the cabinets, all the drawers. Hung one on all the curtains, under any cushions and on top of them. In the shower, the sink... you name. If there was a place for one I put it there! It works like a charm I'm tellin ya. I will tell you that she told me I HAD to use Bounce so I listened to her and only used Bounce. (The original scent)

We now also do this with other camping equipment too, those canvas chairs, tents, canopies. It has saved us a ton of money having to replace items!!! And me from having a heart attack, once we were getting chairs out and pulled them outta the bags. Guess what was inside? Yup a mouse.. haven't had one since we add a dryer sheet!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can not find the image I want.
    If I could it would be a picture of me bowing to you and saying "I'm not worthy". What a treasure of information! I have heard of steel wool if you know how they are getting into your house. But not a dryer sheet to keep from entering the rv and camping goods. I will be buying some bounce by this weekend!!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never thought about placing a dryer sheet in the drawer, I will do that...these mice are driving me nuts in the kitchen!!

Thanks!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wilbe95 View Post

I can not find the image I want.
    If I could it would be a picture of me bowing to you and saying "I'm not worthy". What a treasure of information! I have heard of steel wool if you know how they are getting into your house. But not a dryer sheet to keep from entering the rv and camping goods. I will be buying some bounce by this weekend!!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    You are so welcome!! That's what we're all here for right?!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by faxonfive View Post
    I never thought about placing a dryer sheet in the drawer, I will do that...these mice are driving me nuts in the kitchen!!

Thanks!!
    Oh yeah, stick them under the kitchen sink, in the back of the cabinets. I'm telling ya.. wherever you can think of. I even crammed a few in between the side of the stove and the fridge!!! I went crazy!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast