Blog Entries

Default Corn Meal Snapper Fillets with Mango salsa

Cut up the onion, mango, jalapeno and cilantro into as small a pieces as you can. Mangos are tricky to clean because they have a big flat seed in them.If you are using a food processor, just chopp them, dont puree or liquify the salsa. Add salt and lime juice and mix by hand. Set aside. Get some oil hot in a skillet about 1/3 of an inch deep. Salt the 8-10 oz Snapper filet lightly and roll it in yellow corn meal. Place the filet gently in the hot oil, "skin side" up. This makes for a flakier filet. Flip the filet when the flesh starts to turn white at the edges good. Only flip it once. If you put the round, "flesh side" down first,(flat-skin side up), the flesh side will be facing up and the filet will start to flake when done. Plate and cover with salsa and sour cream. I like the Mexican style sour cream called Crema Poblana. It's thinner and gooey and makes a good garnish, besides it tastes better. Serve with rice and beans, black beans preferably.
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post: