Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homemade Noodles

1 egg, beaten
    2 Tbs milk
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup flour

Combine egg, milk, salt & enough flour to make stiff dough. Roll out with rolling pin, to 1/8 inch on floured surface. Let stand 30-40 minutes. Roll up; add flour, if needed, to keep from sticking. Slice 1/8 inch thick; spread out to dry up to 2 hrs. Drop into soup or boiling salt water. Cook 10-15 minutes. Makes 3 cups uncooked noodles.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Noodles

Thanks for posting this recipe I have been looking for a recipe for these. My mother in law makes homemade noodles but she is getting old and don't remember what I am talking about she thought I was talking about her dumpling recipe.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Noodles

my mom used to make homemade chicken noodle soup starting with just the fall butchered chickens the after making the stock would make these long thick delicious noodles from scratch like these.

anyone who tries these noodles in a soup will never go back. they are fantastic and the kids will then hate the store bought noodles forever more. thanks for posting this it is great to see other people still do stuff like this for their families.

robin