Need some help!!

Need some help!!

ok we usually have a tradition of spending Christmas eve night at my boyfriends moms and having a big christmas breakfast. Christmas eve night usually consists of a big supper and presents with friends then the family opens present on Christmas morning. Welllllll we have been informed this year his

chocolate, christmas, cup, excited, hat, hey, holiday, hot, lisa, meal, mix, night, oats, plate, recipe, rei, santa, trac, tract, year, tradition, daughter, upset, boyfriend, years, started, things, idea, make, special, start, consists, breakfast, supper, presents, friends, moms, spending, boyfriends, family, opens, gonna, home, parents, morning, present, welllllll, informed, christmas.-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Need some help!!

ok we usually have a tradition of spending Christmas eve night at my boyfriends moms and having a big christmas breakfast. Christmas eve night usually consists of a big supper and presents with friends then the family opens present on Christmas morning. Welllllll we have been informed this year his parents are not gonna be home at all for Christmas. This has really upset my boyfriend as this is the tradition he has known for years and the tradition he started with our daughter. Since he is so upset I am trying to think of things I can do to start our own tradition. Any idea on how to make this year special for him and our daughter?
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

These cookies bake in your cold oven over night. They are great for a special occasion. For example, I made them last year on Christmas Eve (which is my birthday The next morning when we got up they were ready!

Ingredients:
    2 egg whites
    2/3 cup of sugar
    1 cup chopped nuts
    1 cup chocolate chips

Recipe:
    1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs until fluffy & gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
    2.) Drop onto foil-lined pan.
    3.) Put in oven, close door, turn off oven.
    Don't open til morning!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

These cookies bake in your cold oven over night. They are great for a special occasion. For example, I made them last year on Christmas Eve (which is my birthday The next morning when we got up they were ready!

Ingredients:
    2 egg whites
    2/3 cup of sugar
    1 cup chopped nuts
    1 cup chocolate chips

Recipe:
    1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs until fluffy & gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
    2.) Drop onto foil-lined pan.
    3.) Put in oven, close door, turn off oven.
    Don't open til morning!

Hope this helps!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry. I didn't mean to post this twice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mdowdy,
    Why not host the same things that he is used to--- just at your house is all.
    At least his parents did give the two of you heads up, so that you could make other plans.
    I certainly do understand him being upset---but sometimes things do change.

Both sets of our parents ---are now gone.
    I really miss them---

And when the boys were growning up we couldn't afford to travel down South to DH's family, for the holidays. He never complained, but I could see it in him that he really was missing them.

At the time I got some of DH's Mothers recipes and did them for him. Alot of times he would say, thats not the way Mom did it.Lolll But I got him helping out alot at the holidays, so hopefully he didn't miss them as much... So now we have --a little bit of both of our family ways wrapped up in one...

I do hope this helps you out a bit----Good Luck----Let us know what you decide to do.. .
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks I may do that. Will let you know
    Mdowdy

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks these sound quick and easy. These are different for sure.
    Mdowdy

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know how old your daughter is but explain to him that it is time to start a tradition with her at your home. By you having Christmas at home it will be what she grows up to know, expect and look forward to for many years. Invite friends over on Christmas Eve for a get together and exchanging of gifts then save yours and those gifts from the family for Christmas morning.

It wont be the same as he is use to but it will be fun to watch your daughter open her presents and be able to play with them all day and not have to load them up for travel.
    Hope this helps.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast