Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Piggy Prescription Costs

I know I'm not the only one out there with no health insurance. I never thought we'd find ourselves in this position either, I used to think.. how could responsible families go without health insurance? Then 2 years ago, my DH was laid off and we lost ours. Took 6 months and moving out of state to finally find work. When he did, the insurance that was offered would cost us $895 a month with a $5000 deductible per person! Now I know why responsible families go without....

We got lucky and we able to get our two youngest onto the state health plan, thankfully. I just kept praying that we would stay healthy till we could find insurance for ourselves. That prayer was only anwered alittle while. This past August I began having seizures.

Thus came the medical bills and the precriptions. We are all aware of Walmart and their program and that has been a saving grace with some meds. There are some though that you just can't get through that program. One such medication is Topamax, a month's supply was costing me 5!!!

I did some looking around online and found a pharmacy in Canada that offers a generic version(not available in US yet) which will cost me $98.99(including shipping) for a 2 month supply! It's completely legal to order through Canada too, as long as you have a prescription. You place your order and either mail them your script or you can fax it to them. I'm not sure if I can mention the name of the site here or not. Canada Drugs Pharmacy: Canada Generic offers quality brand name generic drugs online., if it gets taken out and you'd like the info, just PM and I'll give it to you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might also try contacting the actual company that manufactures the medicine for help. A lot of them will offer coupons or discounts on the prescriptions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes that is a great tip too!! I was told that by one of my daughter's friends mom. DH makes too much money for their program though.

But according to her, almost all med companies have some sort of program. Her Dr. keeps all the forms right in his office and whenever he gives a patient a new med and they don't have insurance, he fills out his part has them fill out theirs and sends it right in. You can bet I got his name and have called to see if he is accepting anymore new patients w/o insurance!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good luck, I sure hope he is! You have to have the medicine to survive. Good luck, let me know how it goes!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post: