Blog Entries

Heart Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff Casserole

One of my favorites my husband makes!!!

2 lbs chuck roast, cubed in 2-3 inch cubes
    Approx 6 oz uncooked wide egg noodles
    16 oz can condensed mushroom soup
    8 oz can beef broth, fill empty can with warm water and add to crock pot.
    4 oz sour cream
    1 tsp salt, pepper to taste

In crock pot add meat cubes, salt and pepper, and then uncooked noodles on top of meat. Then add beef broth, water, sour cream, and mushroom soup. Cook on medium heat for at least 6 hours, covered. There is no need to stir or mix ingredients. The soup, broth & water will make a tasty broth with the sour cream, meat and noodles.
    Make sure you place the meat and noodles in the crock pot first so the noodles absorb the sauce and cook evenly. This recipe can also be made exactly the same way using an 8 oz bag of frozen meatballs, just as delish!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post: