Journal Jar - update

Making a journal jar is one way to make journal keeping easier. A journal jar is a place where you can put slips of paper with simple questions on them. Then each night you can just pull out a slip of paper with a question from your jounal jar and and answer it in your journal. You can make a

age, fabric, fresh, glue, hat, jar, jars, journal, label, night, page, paper, questions, sample, seal, star, started, times, update, youth, adults, front, decorate, make, poem, rest, blank, material, shows, shelf, rough, memories, preserve, folders, retell, forget, story, question, slip, pull, jounal, answer, keeping, making, easier, place, simple, slips, pint, modpodged

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star Journal Jar - update

Making a journal jar is one way to make journal keeping easier. A journal jar is a place where you can put slips of paper with simple questions on them. Then each night you can just pull out a slip of paper with a question from your jounal jar and and answer it in your journal. You can make a journal jar using pint jars, with Modpodged fabric on the front and a paper label that said "My Journal Jar", "My Own Personal Heritage", or "I'm the One Who Writes My Own Story" on top of the fabric. Then we just covered the lid with another fabric that matched, tied raffia around the lid with a knot on the front. You can also decorate a matching journal. Just get some report folders and put in some blank paper. Glue on some of the material you used to decorate the journal jars. Journal Jars can be used for both youth and adults. The rest of this page shows sample questions for youth and then adults. But first, here is a poem that can be used to get the journal started:

"Preserve your memories - seal them up well.
    What you forget, you can never retell.
    But a journal that's kept fresh on the shelf
    Will help someone through rough times --

Maybe even yourself!"

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a very interesting way to keep a journal.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a great idea to do with the husband & kids as well.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This would also be a good thing to do if you are newly married - to learn more about your spouse & promote communication! Every evening you could pull out one question & each of you answer it.
    Questions could be as simple as:
    1.) What is your favorite color?
    2.) What is your favorite tv show?
    3.) What is your favorite meal?
    To Questions that are a little more detailed, like:

1.) How many kids would you like to have?
    2.) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    3.) What is you number one pet peeve?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

These are also excellent ideas, and its the holiday season so my 2008 jar is getting full
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post: