Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Save Your money when cashing in your spare change

Don't spend your money on the convenience the CoinStar machines offer. They charge almost 9% where I live!!!!

Instead, invest in some inexpensive plastic coin rolls (can be purchased at most office supply stores and stores like WalMart or Kroger). They eliminate the need to count and then you can just transfer the coins to the paper rolls (free from the bank) and use the plastic sleeves over and over again!

Hate to separate coins?! Get a few empty baby food jars or other small containers and separate the coins as you collect them. It's fun to watch which ones fill up the fastest!

I once "paid" the coinstar machine almost $40!!!!! I'll NEVER do that again! Learn from my costly mistake!

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like your idea about the baby food jars filling up or small containers. I almost made the same mistake of using one of those machine, until my DH pointed out the small print on the cost of using the machine.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use one of those plastic containers to hold the money. You will be amazed and how you look forward to finding one more nickle to have a whole roll. We let the boys take the rolled coins to the bank to add to their accounts. Fun for the whole family! There are none of those machines near me but I can see where it would be easy to get taken.
    Thanks,
    Kim

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My hubby lives by the coinstar machine... I keep telling him how much they charge, but he just doesn't get it. I myself like the batteryoperated coin wrapping machine that seperates and rolls them at the same time...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flutterbye0419 For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh yeah they are great too!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Save Your money when cashing in your spare change

I have two mason jars full of spare change plus 10 small baby jars that i have seperated too - that I didnt use for Christmas. The kids and I plan on "rolling" them tonight - then we are going to split it between the kids and they are going to deposit it tomorrow into their savings, then wer are going to start again.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We also save our change here. The boys love to help roll it up, cause they know that they get to put the money in their savings account. But there are times when that change comes in handy when there is more of a month then there is money.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree!!! Working on the more money than month!!! at least trying!!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast