MYO crackers

I have been looking for a myo cracker. well I found one. they really aren't too bad and you can certainly play with the recipe some as well. 1 1/4 cup flour 1/2 tsp salt 2 tbsp butter 4 tbsp water. mix all until it forms a ball. roll out really thin. cut. put on cookie sheet and bake

budget, budget101, easy, favorite, flu, graham, hey, honey, jelly, kids, love, money, pen, pennies, perfect, range, recipes, shopping, snacks, strange, tbsp, batch, burned, bake, cookie, minutes, sheet, closely, watch, amount, decreased, oven, forms, play, recipe, crackers, cracker, found, water, ball, roll, thin, butter, flour, salt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MYO crackers

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire MYO crackers

I have been looking for a myo cracker. well I found one. they really aren't too bad and you can certainly play with the recipe some as well.

1 1/4 cup flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbsp butter

4 tbsp water.
    mix all until it forms a ball. roll out really thin. cut. put on cookie sheet and bake (watch really closely I burned the first batch) for about 10 minutes. it says to do at 400, but I decreased my oven to 350 because I burned the first ones. The kids love them and they are all of pennies per batch. I will do a for sure amount of money on them after I do the shopping again!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to flutterbye0419 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds simple enough!
    Thanks,
    kim

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

not a problem. I was looking so I thought I would share with you!

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to flutterbye0419 For This Useful Post:

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star

Quote Originally Posted by flutterbye0419 View Post
    The kids love them and they are all of pennies per batch. I will do a for sure amount of money on them after I do the shopping again!
    One of my favorite snacks as a kid was saltine crackers with grape jelly. Sounds a bit strange now, but they were perfect and easy afterschool snacks.

Here are other cracker recipes:

Honey Graham Crackers

Saltine Crackers
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Liss For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for recipe. I added a little powdered cheddar cheese (1 Tbsp or so - from our local cheese factory) and they tasted like Cheese Nips! I did have to add 2 more Tbsp water and I rolled some too thick, so they became doggie treats. I poked each with a fork and sprinkled with salt before baking & turned half-way through baking. I REALLY hate using the rolling pin --- has anyone tried using a cookie press?

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to taxcat24 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't tried a cookie press but bet it would be like a wheat thin if you did, as long as the dough is soft enough to go through.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well we've covered saltines, Graham Crackers and even a note about making cheese nips! Here's my Wheat thin recipe:
    1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1 1/2 cup white flour
    1/3 cup oil, emulsified in blender with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup water

Mix dry ingredients. add oi8l salt mixture. Knead as little as possible. Makes a smooth dough. Roll dough as thin as possible on unoiled cookie sheet ( no more than 1/8 inch thick. (I use a cooking stone)

Mark with a knife to size of crackers desired, but do not cut through. Prick each cracker a few times with a fork. Sprinkle dough lightly with salt or onion salt as desired. Bake at 350 degrees until crisp and light brown. About 30 Minutes.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to brchbell For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oohh.. i LOVE wheat thins!! can't get enough of them!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast