Question - freezing pasta

My son is wanting to make up a big batch of beefaroni and freeze in individual servings so his youngest can "pop" it in the microwave when he gets home from school. Has anyone tried to freeze pasta and if so, what is your suggestion for the recipe or process? Thanks, Denise

cheese, day, dishes, eat, food, freeze, great, hem, lisa, lunches, mac, mac and cheese, noodles, pasta, single, size, small, tastes, work, ziploc, school, home, recipe, process, denise, suggestion, microwave, youngest, make, wanting, freezing, batch, question, servings, beefaroni, individual

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Question - freezing pasta

My son is wanting to make up a big batch of beefaroni and freeze in individual servings so his youngest can "pop" it in the microwave when he gets home from school. Has anyone tried to freeze pasta and if so, what is your suggestion for the recipe or process?

Thanks,

Denise

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kincai_d For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have frozen pasta. Actually this weekend made some mac and cheese and put it into small ziploc bags and put in the freezer for a quick food for my boys. I cook it completely just like I would be serving it for dinner, let it cool, but it in the bags, then pop it in the freezer. When we want some to eat we put in a dish and pop in the microwave. Tastes as good as the day it was fixed originally and sure is a time saver.

I have also cooked plain pasts noodles and then put in the freezer to save a little time during the week. Just put it in the pan with the sauce and put in the oven to thaw and warm up.

Hope this helps.
    Kim

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbe95 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I often freeze pasta dishes and put them in single size servings for work lunches. Tastes great! Lisa

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcove2000 For This Useful Post: