Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Is there a source for free test strips?

Please help, also is there a homemade cure for diabetic skin ulcers? Thank you for any information.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MRSANGELSUEBG For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I knew of a source for free test strips...makes it very expensive to test my sugar 3 times a day....

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debbiedee8 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know a source for free test strips. I wish I did too. But I have learned to watch out for the so called "free meters". Many companies give the meters away but I found that the test strips for these meters are usually crazy expensive. I bought my own meter the reli on brand at wal-mart for $9. I bought that brand because it had the cheapest test strips. $9 for a box of twenty. So I definitely saved money over the so called free meters.

One more tip. I learned the hard way. I will never buy a box of 50 or 100 test strips because these things are not returnable and I got a bad batch the box cost $50 what a waste of money. I did finally get Wal-mart to give me a refund but its not worth having to fight about we have enough problems as diabetics.

I don't have any insurance so I have to pay for all of my supplies out of pocket.
    Tracy in VA

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trfeuer For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by debbiedee8 View Post
    I wish I knew of a source for free test strips...makes it very expensive to test my sugar 3 times a day....

There is a company that you can go through. You have to have a prescription from your Dr and you have to submit financial info to them. I don't have the info right here and DH is asleep, but I will try to remember to hunt for it tomorrow.
    Live Well.....Laugh Often.....Love Much!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carolyn37803 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I lost my Cobra Insurance I just started researching, emailing & calling and came up with these folks. The program was new and I don't know if they are still doing it or not. The name of the company is Rx Crossroads and they are out of Kentucky. Hope it works for you! Here is the website addy~

RxCrossroads - Welcome
    Live Well.....Laugh Often.....Love Much!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carolyn37803 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is there a source for free test strips?

Thanks Carolyn37603 really need help have emailed the company to see if they help in my area