Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Real Man Food recipe?

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a real man food recipe. My mom's boyfriend is a meat (only red meat, he HATES chicken) and potato man. He's a true farmer and loves his "man food". He's gotta have at least that plus an appetizer (usually creamed cucumbers or sliced tomatoes and onions) and usually another cooked veggie. I'm making him a birthday supper and I'm wondering what to make? I have made meatloaf before and pot roast but those seem too likely. I need something that will blow him away. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does he like blue cheese??? I love to grill sirloin and cut a pocket in the steak and stuff it with blue cheese. Oh my!!! It is delicious. I marinate the steak all day and before I grill it, I cut the pocket and stuff some blue cheese (gorgonzola is delicious) into it. I then grill to desired temperature. I usually close the pocket with toothpicks.
    Serve with baked potatoes and salad.

Hope this is helpful
    Shelly

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds great Shelly! I don't think he really cares for blue cheese but I might try it myself. He's kind of picky so I think I'm just going to make a pot roast. It's easy and I know he'll like it. I'll have to try your recipe. I absolutely adore blue cheese and to have it IN the steak instead of on top will be divine! Thanks!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Shelly this recipe idea sounds really good - I'll have to try this one for sure.
    Thank-You so much. Never thought about filling the meat this way.

JoAnn