Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Easy Yummy Picadillo for Tacos

I don't know about less than $2.50, but if you get your meat on sale this is a quick and delicious recipe that the whole family will LOVE>

Picadillo

1 pound ground beef or turkey
    3 cloves garlic, (I press them, but you could mince)
    1 med onion, chopped
    1 green pepper, chopped
    2 Tablespoons soy sauce
    1 large russet potato, peeled, chopped and covered with water
    salt and pepper

Brown meat in skillet, push to one side and saute onion and garlic until tender. Add potato(with water), soy sauce, and green pepper. Stir. Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes until potato is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

I serve this on soft flour tortillas with my homemade salsa and grated cheddar cheese. SO GOOD!!

This serves my hungry family of four, but one of them is 4 years old. You might need to double it if you have a larger and hungrier family.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shellybean40 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay now this sounds even faster and easier!
    You sure can help to make my life easier with these recipes!
    Thanks,

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

This one is really fast and so yummy. The first time I made it, my family took one bite and all looked and me and said YUM!!! It is really good if you have guacamole, but these days, that is a luxury. It is great without, also.
    Shelly

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a quick question for you, if you wouldn't mind. I am originally from Arizona and so the whole Tex-Mex is new to me since I have not lived here that long. I have gone to Las Palapas several times and I love their sauce that they use on the cheese enchiladas, but I don't know what it is. Do you know how to make it or at least know what is in it?

BTW - The whole time my Husband lived in Arizona he raved about this dish. He lived in SA for awhile before he moved to AZ and now we are here...LOL!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think they probably use red enchilada sauce. I usually buy it canned, and I like the hispanic brands. Just look in the ethnic/hispanic section at the grocery. Some people put chili with meat on their enchiladas, but most of the authentic restaurants use enchilada sauce. You can make it, and you could probably find a ton of recipes on the web. The main ingredient is chili powder.

Hope that helps.
    Shelly

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks!

I really appreciate the advice on it. I love their cheese enchiladas and would like to recreate the dish at home to avoid spending $8 per plate at the restaurant.