What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default looking for a pizza dough recipe

My kids like making the pizza from the chef boyadee kit. But there has to be a quick way to make that dough at home. Thanks.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got this recipe years ago from a friend. Still use it to this day. Makes wonderful pizza dough, I even use it for calzones as well. Very easy to work with too, it doesn't "spring back" on you! LOL If you don't have a processor, I'm sure you could do it with a mixer with a hook attachment as well.

Thick, Chewy Pizza Dough
    to cup warm water
    1 package dry yeast
    1 tsp. sugar
    2 cups flour
    1 tbs. vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
    tsp. salt

Combine cup of the water with the yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve the yeast, and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.

Put the flour, oil, and salt into food processor, and process about five seconds

Add yeast mixture to the flour mixture, and process about 10 seconds or until blended.

Turn on processor, drizzle in just enough of the remaining water so the dough forms a ball that cleans the sides of the bowl. Process so that the ball turns about 25 times.

Put dough ball onto a greased 14 inch pizza pan or cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap or damp towel, and let stand 10 minutes.

Pat dough out so that it covers pan, spread with sauce, add cheese and toppings.

Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden .

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post: