What's a Budget?

Default What do you do to save gas?

What did you do to lower your gas amount?

Blog Entries

One way I have lowered my gas use is to change my work hours. I work 30 hours a week and have worked previously so I could pick the kids up from school but instead have worked an extra half hour for four days so I do not have to drive anywhere on the fifth day of the week. I also combine shopping trips, I have to be in town near the store for something before I will go shopping, swing by afterwork because the stores are on the way home. The grocery store has a gas station and if you buy something at the store first you get a discount on your gas so I will combine my shopping with when I need to fill up the tank to save a few extra dollars.
    With my boys in different martial arts classes we have actually stayed at the gym for over two hours rather than travel home in between classes.
    I just hate having to get gas. The final cost is heartbreaking.