Budget101 Done Digging CountryGrl21's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Piggy Dragon's Breath Dip

By Linda Larsen, About.com

There are two heads (yes, entire heads) of garlic in this dip! (Thatís why itís called Dragonís Breath). But I assure you, when garlic is roasted, it becomes sweet and nutty. This is one of the most popular dips I have ever served.

Ingredients:

* 2 heads garlic
    * 1 Tbsp. olive oil
    * 8 oz. Brie cheese
    * 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
    * dash white pepper

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut top 1/2" off the top of the garlic heads. Remove some of the loose papery skin, leaving the heads intact. Place each on a square of foil, drizzle each with the olive oil, and wrap well. Bake at 350 degrees 50-60 minutes, until the garlic is very soft and begins to brown. Cool until easy to handle. Squeeze each head to remove the soft roasted cloves.

In a food processer, process Brie cheese with the seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic cloves. (You can also cream these ingredients together using the back of a spoon and a lot of energy.) Refrigerate several hours to blend flavors. Serve with crackers, crostini, and sliced French bread.
    ~* B101 Sistah *~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CountryGrl21 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dragon's Breath Dip

This sounds like a really good dip. Told hubby about it cause he could live off of garlic. He will be working on this recipe this weekend. Dips are so expensive in the stores. Love making my own.