Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dryer Balls

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doh Dryer Balls

Hi All!
    Has anyone ever tried those dryer balls advertised on T.V.? You can also get them at Wal-Mart and JC Penney. I guess I should have asked this question BEFORE I bought them!...lol I've always wanted to try them but didn't want to pay the price. Got them tonight at JC Penneyfor around (clearance + an additonal % off + coupon). Either I'm oout 5 bucks cause they don't work or I'm not going to have to buy fabric softener/sheets for awhile. I'll be testing them out next time I do laundry.

Michelle

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmclean11 For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, I've done multiple loads of laundry since buying the dryer balls. They seem to be working. I've had minor problems if the load is too big but my clothes are still coming out soft and static free.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmclean11 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got the Dryer balls about a year ago. Love them them. they are still working, you don't want to put too much in the dryer. Mine were on clearance also-I remember paying about 2.50 for them ( CVS ) had them at that time. I don't use dryer sheets at all anymore." You have gotten a deal with this product".
    JoAnn in N.Ohio

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoAnn For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I might have to dry my black pants seperately. They seem to be the only ones that still have the static cling. I think the balls do great when I have the larger loads, even towels. Just those stinking black work pants! Must be the material or something. Wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I add my jeans in with the load?....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mmclean11 For This Useful Post:

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dryer Balls

i have 4 of them banging around in my dryer.

pro:
    -do not seem to wear out or die.
    -do not seem to mark clothing
    -keep sheets a little less tangled
    -keep towels fluffier

con:
    -i am not blessed with a dryer that turns off itself when stuff is done so i do not think that i use them to their full advantage
    -they are like socks and sometimes go missing-found one in a couch cover after a long while searching
    -they are loud -i bet many an apartment neighbor curse some people

overall i would consider them a good buy and would like them even more if my dryer was newer.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone! I use vinegar in my final rinse instead of fabric softener and it's worked great but was wondering about the dry balls so going to go get them! Has anyone tried the washing machine magnets yet? It eliminates laundry soap. I wanted to try those also.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't tried the balls, but do use vinegar, though I don't see any softness or anti-static benefit from using that. I do it to help remove the laundry degergent, and as a germ fighter.
    But, I have found, the cheapes brand of dryer sheets and cut them in half and only use half a sheet does just fine. I'll get the cheapest I can find, and simply take them out, cut in half and use. That becomes pretty inexpensive. And, I do wash and dry a lot of clothes, daily.
    I've also switched to the cheapest detergent I can get, and use half the recomended amount. Been doing that for over a year now. And, even though hubby has a very dirty, sweaty job, I haven't noticed that the clothes are any less clean or any left over smell. So again that is quite economical.
    I see they have the dryer bars. Had them YEARS UPON YEARS AGO. I used to use them, stick them in and forget for many loads. Usually, I left them in well over the recomended nuber of dyer loads.
    Gloria

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Be careful of dryer sheets! They deposit a waxy sustenance on the filter that can cause fires. Make sure you remove the lint filter and wash it with warm soapy water at least twice a year. I make my own laundry soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast