Infertility?

Hi, I'm just curious if anyone has fertility problems? I'm not trying to be nosy or anything. My story?....I'm 36 and have PCOS (causing ovulation problems) and have severe tubal damage due to PID (pelvic inflammatory diesease). I was diagnosed with clymedia in my early 20's which lead to the

200, break, child, complete, day, family, hat, hey, kids, meds, mon, months, pregnancy, rounds, small, talk, time, total, type, years, damage, infertility, tubes, tubal, option, problems, michelle, cycle, regulate, menstrual, ovulate, follistim, repronex, trigger, shot, mentioned, treatment, receiving, stopped, treatments, forms, passed, provera, severity, pcos--metformin, severe, ovulation, causing, curious, diesease

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 12

Thread: Infertility?

  1. #1
    Smart Budgeter
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    66
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Question Infertility?

    Hi,
    I'm just curious if anyone has fertility problems? I'm not trying to be nosy or anything.
    My story?....I'm 36 and have PCOS (causing ovulation problems) and have severe tubal damage due to PID (pelvic inflammatory diesease). I was diagnosed with clymedia in my early 20's which lead to the PID which of course led to the damaged tubes. Been trying to conceive for about 12 years now. I've gone to an RE and have used Repronex, Follistim, and a HCG "trigger" shot. I've been able to ovulate using the meds but due to the tubal damage, no pregnancy. It's been mentioned that IVF is my only option due to the severity of damage to my tubes. Have passed on that option for the time being. I have stopped all forms of infertility treatments but still receiving treatment for the PCOS--metformin and Provera to regulate menstrual cycle.

    Michelle

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mmclean11 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Smart Budgeter
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    88
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    This is one area I havent seemed to have issues with, but my heart really goes out to you. My cousin went through the same thing, PID and severe scarring. Have you looked into alternative therapies (Like acupuncture?) I know that really worked well for her because the meds they put her on had made her so sick. She said lots of times the side effects were worse than the disease.

    Sorry I'm not much help.
    Tracy
    Cooking~Cooking~Cooking- it's all I do!

  4. #3
    Smart Budgeter
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    66
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Hi Tracy,
    I've looked into and tried energy healing while I was doing treatment. I know there are herbs that can help but with the meds, didn't want to risk anything. The side effects weren't too bad for me except when I first started with clomid. Thank goodness the clomid didn't work for me so I didn't have to take it for very many cycles.

  5. #4
    Budget101 Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Posts
    254
    Blog Entries
    6
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Infertility?

    Im really sorry that you are going through this. I do, Identify with you on a small scale, though.

    I have PCOS, insulin resistance, hypothyroidism, and Secondary infertility.
    I have 10 years between my kids because when my oldest was 5, we couldnt conceive. It wasnt until 2006 that We did the Clomid. I did 3 rounds (2@50 and 1 @ 100mg) and conceived our youngest.

    We TTCd again when she was 3 months old, and was not successful. We did 7 more rounds (3 more @100, 3 at 150 and 1 at 200mg) and with the last one we did IUI and trigger. No pregnancy. We TTCd a total of 16 months this last time before we determined that our family is complete. I did so many rounds because I did have a break (with child birth) so they let me do 7 more.

    I used to take Metformin (1700mg/day) because of my type 2, but my A1c is fine.

    I still take my Thyroid meds to regulate that.

    I do understand what you are going through. ((hugs)) You are not alone. you can Pm me if you want to talk.
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

  6. #5
    Budget101 Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    268
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Infertility?

    Yep been there.

    I am a DES daughter so my uterus doesn't stretch. I went through a total of 6 miscarriages before menopause (see below). I had told the specialist (he of the "it won't hurt") I was crushing kids, and he called me hysterical. He later (#7) agreed.

    Went into menopause officially at 28, prior 3 years were a variety of tests etc (*I 'TOLD" him I was in Menopause but he didn't believe me). Lovely tests like blowing out tubes - he of couse said it wouldn't hurt HA. Every month for those 3 years I had a mini D & C again with the it won't hurt (with DES the cervic won't open so everything HURT) I learned to drug up before Drs appt. Then they tried to make me ovulate lots of drugs, most pretty expensive - a few times I had to buy off base at $50 a day for 10days. Did meds for about 5 years ending early 30's - nada

    We ended up adopting through the foster care program.

    Late late 30's I got pregnant (#7) and lost it, then directly got pregnant with Jake. There was enough pregnancy hormone from #7 plus Jakes that the uterus stretched a little. I still looked like something from an alien sci fi flic, you could see heads, shoulders, butt standing up, laying down you could see arms and legs too - very very weird.

    Ended up being a high risk pregnancy because of my history of miscarriages & strokes (I started early aging for some reason - thats the guess of the Drs , menopause, strokes starting at 11-12 etc etc)

    He was a 10 month pregnancy (my sister has 10 monthers too (all 4) and hers all needed to be in incubators, and had respiratory issues - our easy bake ovens are on low - apparently)

    we adopted 4 of the 5

    OH a few years ago, Bonnie my dd, ended up with cysts on ovary so she had 2 periods a month 10 days each, bleed through in 45 mins .. I started my periods AGAIN. I was not thrilled since I always had cramps and liked my menopause. It had been abaout 16-17 years since Jake was born. Jake hit 20 last month and I am still going BACK through the perimenopause AGAIN second time bah humbug -- Bonnie moved out about a yr & half ago, after having the cysts finally taken out.

    Ria
    Last edited by HSLINKS; 02-03-2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #6
    Deal GURU
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NW Missouri
    Posts
    1,084
    Blog Entries
    152
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Infertility?

    I stopped counting at 18 miscarriages. I didn't have PCOS but had a twisted uterus. After 12 years of trying at the worst time it could of happened I did get pregnant and carried. DH had lost his job and so had everyone else and I had to quit when I got pregnant. It was really bad. MY DH would go glean corn fields after they were harvested so we could have something to eat. We made it and right before our son was born DH got called back to work so everything worked out. Had another one 3 years later and another 5 years after that and then 4 years later the twins and that was the end due to complications. But 5 beautiful gifts from God is more than I ever dreamed possible! We would of adopted and had applied to do so but got our own instead. We would of had a dozen if we could of but it wasn't to be. Either way is good. If you can't have your own then take what the Lord blesses you with. A child who has no parents can be the greatest blessing you ever received!

  8. #7
    Budget101 Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    268
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Infertility?

    if you were born late 40's, 50's and into the early 60's your mom could have taken DES .. DES causes issues with DES daughter's reproductive parts .. also some findings on increased issues of cancer on DES grandkids including the boys

    Ria

  9. #8
    Budget101 Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Posts
    254
    Blog Entries
    6
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Infertility?

    Quote Originally Posted by HSLINKS View Post
    Yep been there.

    I am a DES daughter so my uterus doesn't stretch. I went through a total of 6 miscarriages before menopause (see below). I had told the specialist (he of the "it won't hurt") I was crushing kids, and he called me hysterical. He later (#7) agreed.

    Went into menopause officially at 28, prior 3 years were a variety of tests etc (*I 'TOLD" him I was in Menopause but he didn't believe me). Lovely tests like blowing out tubes - he of couse said it wouldn't hurt HA. Every month for those 3 years I had a mini D & C again with the it won't hurt (with DES the cervic won't open so everything HURT) I learned to drug up before Drs appt. Then they tried to make me ovulate lots of drugs, most pretty expensive - a few times I had to buy off base at $50 a day for 10days. Did meds for about 5 years ending early 30's - nada

    We ended up adopting through the foster care program.

    Late late 30's I got pregnant (#7) and lost it, then directly got pregnant with Jake. There was enough pregnancy hormone from #7 plus Jakes that the uterus stretched a little. I still looked like something from an alien sci fi flic, you could see heads, shoulders, butt standing up, laying down you could see arms and legs too - very very weird.

    Ended up being a high risk pregnancy because of my history of miscarriages & strokes (I started early aging for some reason - thats the guess of the Drs , menopause, strokes starting at 11-12 etc etc)

    He was a 10 month pregnancy (my sister has 10 monthers too (all 4) and hers all needed to be in incubators, and had respiratory issues - our easy bake ovens are on low - apparently)

    we adopted 4 of the 5

    OH a few years ago, Bonnie my dd, ended up with cysts on ovary so she had 2 periods a month 10 days each, bleed through in 45 mins .. I started my periods AGAIN. I was not thrilled since I always had cramps and liked my menopause. It had been abaout 16-17 years since Jake was born. Jake hit 20 last month and I am still going BACK through the perimenopause AGAIN second time bah humbug -- Bonnie moved out about a yr & half ago, after having the cysts finally taken out.

    Ria
    Ria, Im sorry for your loss and for what you went through.

    Quote Originally Posted by brchbell View Post
    I stopped counting at 18 miscarriages. I didn't have PCOS but had a twisted uterus. After 12 years of trying at the worst time it could of happened I did get pregnant and carried. DH had lost his job and so had everyone else and I had to quit when I got pregnant. It was really bad. MY DH would go glean corn fields after they were harvested so we could have something to eat. We made it and right before our son was born DH got called back to work so everything worked out. Had another one 3 years later and another 5 years after that and then 4 years later the twins and that was the end due to complications. But 5 beautiful gifts from God is more than I ever dreamed possible! We would of adopted and had applied to do so but got our own instead. We would of had a dozen if we could of but it wasn't to be. Either way is good. If you can't have your own then take what the Lord blesses you with. A child who has no parents can be the greatest blessing you ever received!
    I really admire you.


    Quote Originally Posted by HSLINKS View Post
    if you were born late 40's, 50's and into the early 60's your mom could have taken DES .. DES causes issues with DES daughter's reproductive parts .. also some findings on increased issues of cancer on DES grandkids including the boys

    Ria
    I have heard of that. ((hugs))

    I lost a child before my oldest to still birth at 22 weeks, so I know the loss.

    It doesnt matter if they are an egg, an embryo, a fetus, or a baby... any loss is hard. I cant imagine more than 1 loss.

    God Bless you ladies.
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •