Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: MYO Crunchy Granola Bars
08-29-2008, 08:20 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- in front of my computer Silly!
- Blog Entries
MYO Crunchy Granola Bars
I've seen a few recipes for chewy granola bars, here's one for the crunchy kind
2 cups low-fat granola
1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick cooking, not instant)
1 cup Kellogg�s All-Bran Bran Buds
2 gg whites
1/2 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup cup reduced sugar jam (strawberry or raspberry)
2/3 cup cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine granola, oats, bran buds and egg whites.
3. Heat corn syrup, jam and margarine in a small pot at medium and bring to a boil. Turn
off heat and combine well with whisk.
4. Pour corn syrup mixture into granola mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon into an oiled 9 in. (23 cm) square pan and flatten evenly with a spatula or potato masher.
5. Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Slice into slender 4œ x 1Œ in. (11 x 3 cm) bars.~* B101 Sistah *~
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2015, 08:06 AM
By FreebieQueen in forum Almost Free (AR,S&H,Enter to Win, etc)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
By mos in forum Breakfast IdeasReplies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2009, 05:19 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM