Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Teenage Acne- Argghhh

My bestfriends teenage son suddenly has terrible acne. I know its the age but does anyone have some good recommendations for getting rid of it, (on the cheap?!)

Thanks!
    ~Shirl

Give a gift of joy...
    Give a Gift in a Jar!

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has he tried Proactive solution? I've heard that works really well on teens. There are also some recipes in the tips-n-tricks for acne here:

Tips n Tricks for the Ladies

I know it says for ladies, but I'm sure they'd work on the boys too. lol
    Jeannie

"Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself." Robert Collier

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Proactive is a little pricey but it does work and beats medicine that a dermatologist might prescribe. Some of the other over the counter items can really dry out the skin and depending on his age it might not be the safest route to try as most contain asprin like ingredients. Good luck to your friend-the teen years are rough enough without acne.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

He might want to try Cetafil (I use the Wal-Mart brand) to clean his face. That's what the dermatologist told me to use. It seems to keep my nearly 16 year old son's face from breaking out too much. I'm not a teen anymore but I still had break outs until I started using that to clean my face and I use Mary Kay Night emoliant cream and I think the combination of the two keep me from breaking out.