Default MYO: Wine Jelly

Wine Jelly
    (Makes 4 half pints)

Ingredients:
    2 cups wine (I used Blackberry Merlot)
    3 cups sugar
    1 pkg. liquid Certo Pectin

PREPARATION:
    This mixture makes 4 half pints (or 2 pints). Sterilize the jars that you will use.
    In a large pot (I used an 8-qt.crab pot) combine wine and sugar. Mix well and stir until all sugar is dissolved. Heat on medium high heat until the mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute, and then add the liquid Pectin. allow mixture to return to a boil and boil for one minute and pour jelly into jars. Seal jars with lids and seals, turn upside down for 5 minutes and then turn right side up again. The jars will seal themselves.
    Jeannie

"Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself." Robert Collier

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's a shame that is such an old and unsafe recipe, especially the process of turning jars upside down which is a no-no in this more modern day. Better to find a recipe that is up to date for killing the bacteria, yeasts, and molds in a Boiling Water Bath.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you're worried it's unsafe you can process it for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. It may go against the norm but I've canned for years and unless I'm giving the jars for gifts, I don't bother with a water bath. We're all healthy and never had any issues.
    Cutie-Pie