Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Whoopie Pies Cookie Mix in a Jar
08-28-2008, 05:11 AM #1
Whoopie Pies Cookie Mix in a Jar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
16 large marshmallows
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Mix first 5 ingredients. Pul that mixture into a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. Press in firmly. Put marshmallows into a ziplock sandwich bag. Put chocolate chips into a snack size ziplock bag. Add marshmallow bag to jar and then add chocolate chip bag.
Decorate jar and attach recipe.
WHOOPIE PIES COOKIES
1. Remove marshmallows, chocolate chips from jar. Set aside.
2. Empty jar into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add 4 TBSP (1/2 of 1 stick) very soft butter or margarine (not diet or tub)
1/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
4. Mix well. Dough will be very sticky and loose.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2" apart on sprayed baking sheets. (You want 16 cookies)
6. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly press a marshmallow into top of each cookie. Return to the oven for 4 more minutes.
7. Empty chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish. Add 1 tsp. oil--mix well. Microwave 45 seconds. Stir to melt. Melt 15-30 more seconds. Stir to completely melt. Put melted chocolate back into bag.
8. Get scissors handy. Push all the melted chocolate into a corner of the bag and squeeze bag to keep chocolate tight. When cookies come out of oven- snip a tiny corner off the bag and squeeze a bit of chocolate on each cookie.
9. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet-then remove to wire racks.
MAKES 16I'm a Freak!
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Blog Entries
I am a whoopie pie fanatic!!! Thanks!!Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia
Recipe Pumpkin Whoopie PiesBy HalloweenYet in forum HalloweenReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
By budget in forum RecallsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The KitchenReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
By ChunkyMunky in forum HalloweenReplies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2006, 12:56 PM
By Jane in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-27-2006, 09:12 AM